We are hiring an Assistant Merchandiser to join our successful Merchandise department. You will have the opportunity to have an impact on the commercial opportunities across our stores, websites and ultimately help drive the business.
The role is varied and will include:
- Provide weekly summary of key performance indicators within departments of responsibility and the wider business, relating to sales, stock, profit, versus budget last year
- Providing weekly trading actions to optimise department sales and margin
- Key contact for all analysis relating to departments of responsibility
- Maintain weekly stock sales and intake forecasts, drive sales and minimise risks and communicate to Distribution Centre for short term work flow planning and long term budgeting
- Work with the team to control branch inventory levels, allocations and replenishment to branches as required
- Key contact for Stores on inventory availability queries
- Provide analysis and summary of markdown and promotional activity for departments of responsibility and wider business
- Responsible for ensuring that mark downs are on the system in line with the mark down calendar
- Interact with other internal teams to improve performance and drive forward best practices
- Acting as a key contact for Merchandise reporting and all aspects of merchandising processes and system use
The Merchandise team is an extended family split into departments, you will get to know the wider team but also across the departments. The departments are split to focus down on certain areas such as Apparel, Footwear and Accessories, DTC, Wholesale and SEVENSTORE. You will have the chance to work across branded suppliers and own brand supply chain. Within each department you will have the opportunity to make decisions influencing sell through, following through strategic plans and effecting profitability.
We drive personal development and provide all the tools to help you feel empowered. There are many examples of people who have joined the team and progressed quickly. We invest in our training and development and this role will be no different. Our aim is to help create an environment where you can achieve, progress, and grow, in addition to supporting, training, and mentoring the junior team, celebrating progression and success.
We love people with passion. It can be with fashion, it can be with something else but we want to help utilise that passion in to your career. We encourage people to defy the ordinary.
You will be driven, ambitious and motivated and we will harness this into your development. You will care about the stakeholders and customers.
We are ideally looking for someone with experience in fashion retail merchandising specifically within a multichannel environment.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are providing service to our colleagues and customers. We know that this will help us build a great service, which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you for a call or Teams video for an informal chat about the role, and to see if we’re a good fit for you.
We value open and honest conversations and collaboration, giving you a chance to learn about what we are doing in an informal and friendly environment. We want to know about you and why you feel that this is the opportunity for you.
Please note, this is not a remote role and our expectation is that you will be able to attend Head Office in a hybrid way, in Greater Manchester.