We are hiring a Buying Assistant to work across the biggest category within the business, Men's apparel. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to impact buying opportunities across Footasylum stores, websites and ultimately contribute to the growth of the business.
The role is varied, and you will be involved in the running of weekly reports, analysis and communicating this back to your colleagues across the business. There are trade meetings, store visits, development of product all alongside the opportunity to work with some huge global brands.
- Printing off weekly reports to provide a trade update to specific people within the company.
- Liaise with brands regularly to support the Buyer through the buying period.
- Review sales and discuss the performance of the file.
- Provide look books and documents for other departments in the business.
- Book travel for various people in the department for brand trips, store visits and consumer research trips. This may coincide with some weekend travel.
- Researching on key looks, brands and discussing potential upcoming styles and trends.
- Communicating with various departments across the business to ensure you are the key point of contact.
- Sample ordering key lines and communicating with marketing to ensure Footasylum bring to market the best product required.
- Printing reports for brand meeting and retail events.
- Reviewing sales and having discussions around how Footasylum can trade the file in the most efficient and commercial way.
- Support the Senior Buyer, Buying Director and wider buying team with adhoc duties as and when required.
- Regular contact with global brands and account managers to obtain/provide information about products in the category.
We love people with passion. It can be with fashion, it can be with something else but we want to help utilise that passion in to your career. We encourage people to defy the ordinary.
You will be driven, ambitious and motivated and Footasylum will harness this in to your development. You will care about the stakeholders and customers and will be interested in the products Footasylum have.
Organisational skills are a must and we always love to see people with a methodical approach to tasks. You’ll need to have a good understanding and stay up to date with key market trends.
We are one of the leading omni-channel retailers across the UK, but more than that we are a brilliant place to work. We value you and your development. We have loads of examples of people moving upwards, across to other departments and given training to excel their personal and professional skills.
Our aim is to create a fun environment, where your success is paramount to ours and you are given the right tools, support and platform to achieve your goals.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are providing service to our colleagues and customers. We know that this will help us build a great service, which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you for a call or Teams video for an informal chat about the role, and to see if we’re a good fit for you.
We value open and honest conversations and collaboration, giving you a chance to learn about what we are doing in an informal and friendly environment. We want to know about you and why you feel that this is the opportunity for you.
Please note, this is not a remote role and our expectation is that you will be able to attend Head Office in a hybrid way, in Greater Manchester.