We are hiring a Junior Product Specialist to join our Product Community, in the Information Technology department, who will have the functional responsibility for the requirements gathering, development and support around our HR processes and system functions within our HR Platforms.
This role will be to capture the requirements then work with the HR Team and IT Ops Project Manager to manage the smooth implementation of current initiatives, and modules of People XD. You will identify and implement process improvement opportunities around better use of the system to help drive team efficiency and consistency. The sound management of data in this role is key to supporting the wider people plans of the business to maximise its effectiveness and maintain an employee led focus.
You will be part of the tech team working in a community of Product Managers, Business Analysts and Product Specialists, sharing skills, experience and knowledge.
At Footasylum, we’ve been going through a digital transformation, changing how we deliver value to our business. A big part of this change is fostering a culture of being open and honest, collaborating, having fun and enabling psychological safety.
We want to create a place for teams to do their best work, and you’ll have the opportunity to influence our decisions, help define standards across the teams and contribute to a healthy and happy working environment.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team in Information Technology, made up of several roles from analysts and engineers to delivery and project managers and BA function. The applications are already implemented and are being used by HR. You will learn how to get the best from the applications to support the needs of the teams
We also swarm on issues with the wider teams if required using the equivalent of an Andon cord, so people are alerted to issues and team up on fixes together. At every point, you’ll have the support of your team and the business to do the right thing with autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
We use our communities of practice to provide support for those in similar disciplines. We recognise that along with our day-to-day job it is important to take time alongside the product managers, designers, delivery managers and senior team to improve how we work within our disciplines.
Working alongside the HR team, who have big plans, you will play a key part in shaping and supporting their objectives alongside working within the disciplines of the Information Technology teams
You may have been a subject matter expert in HR applications such as CoreHR or PeopleXD or have just taken your first steps into working life.
- You have a great understanding of HR or a keen interest in supporting a HR team to do their best for their colleagues.
- You want to learn all about the applications and what they are capable of so you can help form solutions to the challenges the teams are facing.
- You pride yourself in ensuring you have good clean data available for teams to use and that everything is well documented to help teams resolve problems.
- You are happy spending time forming relationships with business functions to understand their role in the product lifecycle.
- You support those around you, you are constantly learning and work in a kind, considerate and collaborative manner with a keen interest in new ways of working.
- You will be facilitating workshops to create a shared understanding the problem and be SME to be able to recognise and recommend the appropriate solution.
- You will work iteratively, creating quick feedback loops and testing assumptions as you go, to avoid a big bang delivery approach
Above everything else, you will have the opportunity to influence our decisions, help define standards across the teams and contribute to a healthy and happy working environment.
Salary & Benefits
We’re offering up to £35,000 for the right person, which we assess based on your own experiences, technical skills and against the principles of our department and our ways of working.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are building products and services. We know that this will help us build useful and accessible things which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences and backgrounds.
All of our interviews are currently held online.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you to meet with a few members of the Footasylum team for an informal chat about the role over a video chat, and to see if we’re a good fit for you.
Please note, this is not a remote role and our expectation is that you will be able to attend Head Office in a hybrid way, in Greater Manchester.