We are looking for an established, highly motivated and passionate Product Developer to join our in-house “Own Brand” Design Centre team at Footasylum. We are home to multiple brands across men’s, women’s, kid’s and accessories.
This Role gives great opportunity to the right candidate to work on Footasylum’s “own brands” such as Zavetti Canada, KWD, Alessandro Zavetti and many more. This role has excellent progression opportunities.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience working within the Highstreet Fashion Industry working across Mens, Ladies, Juniors and accessories.
You will be self-motivated and have good time management with the ability to adapt and work to tight deadlines and deliver results within specified time frames. You must possess the ability to react quickly to changing demands and priorities.
We are a rapidly growing team of diverse talented individuals with a passion for all things fashion. Our aim is to help create an environment where you can achieve, progress and develop. You will be supported in your journey, and we will celebrate your progression with you.
The Product Development Team functions as a part of the larger Design Centre and we work extremely closely with Apparel Design, Buying and Merchandising.
- Working to a critical path to ensure that the development process is smooth and that the ex-factory dates are maintained and ensure all cost prices applied to CP to work back from and highlighting any potential issues to Merchandising and Supply Chain team.
- Controlling all seal samples stages and ensuring they are done in adequate timeframe to the CP.
- Conducting fit sessions in-house; making confident commercial decisions along with Brand Manager/Buying team using your ability to understand, recommend and execute commercial construction solutions.
- Responsible for measuring & sending comments on own brand samples across all categories.
- Analysing technical issues accurately and sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers.
- Sending complete workbooks with accurate specs, correct grade rules, testing and risk assessment according to the category in question.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, product safety and legislations.
- Testing and analysing product performance, fabric and garment testing and quality control.
- Being a key point of contact throughout the development of the product, recording and reporting any actionable results.
- Confidently manage and support Design Handovers.
- Work directly with overseas suppliers and travel for production and development trips. (May include evenings and weekends)
- Liaising with Design and Buying team to offer technical guidance on new product development.
- Supporting Design/Development teams in order to achieve innovative and performance-based products to the highest standard.
- Support the graphics team with reporting any development/production issues.
- Assisting with bulk QC checks when required.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are building products and services. We know that this will help us build useful and accessible things which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you for a call or Teams video for an informal chat about the role, and to see if we’re a good fit for you.
We value open and honest conversations and collaboration, giving you a chance to learn about what we are doing in an informal and friendly environment. We want to know about you and why you feel that this is the opportunity for you.
Please note this is a Head Office based role and the expectation is that you will be able to work from our Head Office based in Rochdale, Greater Manchester.