This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Ecommerce UX & Delivery team, across one of the most exciting retail businesses in the UK. Reporting into the Head of UX and Digital Delivery you will be responsible for delivering our exciting digital roadmap projects and provide technical support for web and App requests.
- Collaborate with our existing development team to support large scale developments, continuous improvements, and day-to-day updates
- Work exceptionally close with the UX team to deliver technical requirements for our web projects and testing and personalisation roadmap
- Innovate and maintain our headless responsive modules
- Develop key landing and campaign pages
- Use our CMS to develop, build and improve content modules
- Work with our Technical Analyst to develop and support with tracking optimisations
- Coordinate with our digital platform and hosting suppliers to assist with technical tickets
- Provide technical support across all teams with web & App requests
- QA technical projects prior to release
- Support across multiple teams when launching limited products
- Support the build of transactional and marketing emails templates
- Liaise with our IT teams to deliver combined projects
- Research current best practices and making recommendations for improvements and technical innovation
- Opportunity to mentor Junior Front-End Developers
You’ll be collaboratively working with a well-established UX and Front-End delivery team with experience in delivering in a fast-agile environment, consisting of UX researchers, designers, developers, data analysts, junior UX executives and project managers.
You will bring a strong sense of code quality and continuously support coding standards in the team and recommend ideas through sound communication.
Have the ability to react quickly to data based trade information to maximise it uses and work both collaboratively and independently in a team environment.
We are one of the leading omni-channel retailers across the UK, but more than that we are a brilliant place to work. We value you and your development. We have loads of examples of people moving upwards, across to other departments and given training to excel their personal and professional skills. Our aim is to create a fun environment, where your success is paramount to ours and you are given the right tools, support and platform to achieve your goals.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are building products and services. We know that this will help us build useful and accessible things which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you for a call or Teams video for an informal chat about the role, and to see if we’re a good fit for you. We value open and honest conversations and collaboration, giving you a chance to learn about what we are doing in an informal and friendly environment. We want to know about you and why you feel that this is the opportunity for you.
Please note, this is not a remote role and our expectation is that you will be able to attend Head Office in a hybrid way, in Greater Manchester.